The best ED-friendly nutrients boosting men’s blood flow and sexual health

Men highly value their sexual health when experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED). Treatment options include hormone replacement therapy, vacuum erection devices, oral medications, and penile implants or prostheses.

Numerous effective treatment options are available for men to improve their sexual function. However, if treatment is unsuccessful, what other options are there?

Men may have yet to consider some unconventional methods possibly benefitting their health, such as consuming foods rich in specific nutrients. This could be a natural and healthy way for men to address the concerns related to ED.

A lot of men who are facing erectile dysfunction are willing to consider various treatment options. While there is no particular food or diet that can fully prevent this condition, certain nutrients present in food can help combat it. This becomes especially crucial as men get older and are more likely to encounter erectile dysfunction.

If you’re struggling to achieve or maintain an erection that’s suitable for sexual activity, it’s possible that you have erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. This medical condition affects up to 30 million men in the United States and is typically caused by insufficient blood flow to the penis. By incorporating foods into your diet that are beneficial to the vascular system, you may find relief as they contain nutrients that promote healthy blood circulation.

To discover which nutrients will benefit a man’s ability to perform sexually, read on. 

Eat leafy greens and beets for nitrates

Including leafy green vegetables in your daily diet can enhance your blood circulation. Spinach, collard greens, beets, and Swiss chard are some examples of greens that contain nitrates. These nitrates act as vasodilators, which help to expand blood vessels and enhance blood flow.

It is worth noting that ED drugs also depend on nitrates to promote blood flow to the penis by relaxing the blood vessels that lead to it.

Eat dark chocolate for flavonoids

Consuming dark chocolate with a cacao content of at least 70% can enhance blood flow and circulation due to its flavonoids and antioxidants. Flavonoids are naturally present in plants and safeguard them from harmful toxins while also repairing cell damage. Men can greatly gain from

flavonoids as they possess heart-healthy properties like aiding in regulating blood pressure and reducing cholesterol levels, which are both risk factors for ED.

Eat oysters and other shellfish for zinc

While oysters may be famous for their reputation as an aphrodisiac, they also have a crucial role in preventing erectile dysfunction (ED). This is due to their high zinc content, which is also present in other shellfish like shrimp, crab, lobster, scallops, and mussels. Zinc is necessary for producing male testosterone, which can help reduce ED. Men who frequently suffer from ED have often been found to have lower levels of testosterone as well.

Raw shellfish, in addition to zinc, includes compounds that encourage the secretion of sexual hormones in males and females.

Eat watermelon for antioxidants 

Watermelon is a fruit that contains a high amount of water, about 92 percent. However, the remaining 8 percent of the fruit has benefits that are great for both heart health and sexual pleasure. Research has shown that this fruit, known as “nature’s Viagra,” can have effects similar to the medication Viagra for treating erectile dysfunction. This is due to the presence of phytonutrients that can help to relax blood vessels, which can be helpful for men who experience difficulty with achieving an erection.

Eat tomatoes and pink grapefruit for lycopene

Are you aware that deep red tomatoes and pink grapefruit are rich in lycopene? This nutrient enhances blood circulation and may alleviate ED symptoms. Combining lycopene-rich foods with healthy fats, such as those in avocados and extra virgin olive oil, enhances nutrient absorption. You may enjoy a snack of sliced pink grapefruit and avocados or add extra virgin olive oil to fresh tomatoes. Moreover, lycopene may also improve male infertility and combat prostate cancer.

Dr. David Samadi is the Director of Men’s Health and Urologic Oncology at St. Francis Hospital in Long Island. He’s a renowned and highly successful board certified Urologic Oncologist Expert and Robotic Surgeon in New York City, regarded as one of the leading prostate surgeons in the U.S., with a vast expertise in prostate cancer treatment and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy.  Dr. Samadi is a medical contributor to NewsMax TV and is also the author of The Ultimate MANual, Dr. Samadi’s Guide to Men’s Health and Wellness, available online both on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Visit Dr. Samadi’s websites at robotic oncology and prostate cancer 911. 




5/56 ratings
You find this post Interesting